[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bad story with happy ending--LONG

  • From: "Gina Oesterle" <oesterle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:14:43 -0500

I couldn't agree more.... That is one of the unfortunate things I've learn=
ed with dogs. My judge of character is not as good as I thought it was...
Gina

> I sold a puppy almost 3 years ago to a family that had originally come ou=
t to just see our dogs--we didn't have anything for sale. They came out an=
dtheir son, who was about 12 at the time, and he fell in love with a bitch=
pup that we were growing out. We talked more, they begged and begged, wit= h
the end result being that I sold Rose Red to them. (I ALWAYS figure that=
it's better being an ONLY dog with a loving family than one of 6 or 7.) T=
hefirst few months were typical: the son called a few times asking questi=
ons about training, different types of feeds, etc. It was sweet. Then the=
calls stopped and I didn't think much about it--people have their own live=
sto lead and most of my pet people don't keep in touch, other than an ocas=
sional e-mail or photo. I felt that Rose Red was living in a super home--I=
WAS WRONG. I got a phone call from these people a few weeks ago--They wan=
ted to get rid of Rose Red (after almost two years.) I'm guessing that the=
boy had discover
> ed girls and was no longer interested. The father was nasty to me, hint=
ing that I sold him an unsound dog, since HE said that she was spooky. I s=
aid I'd make arrangements to take her, called back the next day and he'd al=
ready given her away.. . . I felt responsible for not acting quicker and wo=
ndered where in hell she was now--he would NOT say.
> I got a call on Wednesday from a wonderful woman in Hyde Park who has Ros=
e Red. She called me, because the former family had given her the papers, =
pedigree and guarantee that I had originally provided them. Sarah told me =
ahorror story--when she got to their house, Rose Red was shy and quivering=
,way down in weight, so much so that her hip bones were sticking out. The= y
told her that they never gave her water after 1 pm in the day, so she wou=
ldn't have to go to the bathroom (WTF?). Sarah said that she was so pathet=
ic she and her husband just HAD to take her. In 7 weeks, she has gained 20=
pounds and is the beautiful dog she was always meant to be. At first, she=
didn't want to eat outside the crate, so we are guessing that she was in t=
hat crate close to 24-7. She is unsure of some people, but is coming aroun=
das Sarah and her husband take her everywhere. I thank God that these peo=
ple have her. I'm usually a pretty good judge of people, but I sure blew i=
twith the origin
> al family.
> At least Rose Red is safe and happy now.
> Moral of the story: TRUST NO ONE.
> Penny in NY
=3D=3D
> POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the origi=
nal author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of a=
ny kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND =
of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY=
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERM=
ISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORB=
IDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PRO=
SECUTED.

> For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx >

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org
=3D=3D

Royal T Shepherds
Home of: CH Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T
Royal T's Dante
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T