[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bad publicity update

  • From: Sharon & Stuart Birch <edalegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd new <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:04:51 -0700

I did contact the news room at "Global TV" Edmonton a Canwest company
today
I expressed my concerns regarding the coverage of the GSD attack on the
Pom
My questions were
1) was this a real GSD or just something that looked like one
2) The news report said that the shepherds were on a leash, was the Pom
on a leash? or running loose at the time of the attack. Large dogs do
not always react well to small dogs
3) The shepherd owner refused to pay the vet bill Why? could it be that
the Pom owner has a responsibility in this attack. I agreed that there
are some poor pet owner's out there,and they own both large and small
dogs. I thought that the coverage was to one sided and only gave a
single view

Sharon

Sharon & Stuart Birch
Edale German Shepherds