[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bad news Ohio law - misinterpretation

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:29:21 -0400

Yes I got that reply from Karen... but as I replied to her...
"Well, to you and I that may describe "non-profit", but at least here in GA
"non-profit" means a registered incorporated 501c3"

So... why do Rescues need to be licensed? And do you agree with the further
hoops they must jump through to be registered/incorporated as a 501c3? (I
hate dealing with IRS! My own taxes as a "hobby" are bad enough!!) They are
NOT a 'business'. In most cases they are not a "facility". They are simply
people trying to save dogs from needless death and are operating out of
their house.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious. www.rihadin.com