[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bad experience??

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hey listers,

Need to ask another question.  For those of you who show in conformation, have
you ever had an experience where a judge was rough on a young dog and as a
result, the dog shied from the judge the rest of that show and the next day?
If so, what did you do to help the dog recover from that experience so that the
next time you show it doesn't happen again?  I had something like that happen
this weekend and I want to make sure my boy doesn't think all judges are bad
now.  I did get some tips this weekend from the wonderful people here locally,
but I just wanted to see if there are any ideas that haven't been thought of in
case those tips don't work.

Tina Klahn
Illusion GSDs
ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx