[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bad coats

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 06:59:22 -0400 (EDT)

Nope, no problems, dripping in coat here.  Must have been your prior  food.

I haven't switched in 14+ tears and no supplements other than glyco-flex
for the 11 year old.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 8/23/2012 2:18:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Is  anybody else out there having dogs that look more icky than usual  after
blowing their coats?
I have two dogs here, one 7 month old male,  one 2.5 year old bitch, that
look BEYOND yucky.  My male (working  line) is not only blowing his
undercoat (not that he had much to begin  with), he is losing guard hairs
like a mad man.  I take him out of his  crate and it is just FILLED with
coat.  This is not a dog with profuse  coat either, he is very close coated.

His tail is terribly patchy and  his bum is going the same way.

The bitch has blown her coat in  preparation for coming in season.  She
usually looks yucky, but like  my male she's extremely dry, very patchy.
They both look like they're  having a thyroid issue (which is not the
case).  We did have another  dog bring in fleas, and everybody has since
been treated.

Both dogs  were losing their top coats BEFORE the topical treatment....could
they be  having a reaction to the fleas?

I have switched the food of both  animals (neither was doing well on what
they were on), but that has only  been in the last two days and
supplementing with olive oil.  I'm going  to start conditioning both their
coats,  but I'm at a loss as to what  the cause for this terrible
patchiness/dryness is.

The other 4  animals in the house are fine.

--
Jackie Short-Nguyen Marcato  German
Shepherds<http://www.marcatogermanshepherds.com/>

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.