[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bad advice about Houston

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 00:47:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/2007 11:52:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
But what  good is that movement if his hips are bad!?

If the hips were that bad he would not be able to move. We are not talking
about crippling HD. We are talking about a dog who JUST did not make it. When
he  came to live here at Eko-Lan I had him re x-rayed so that I would know what
 I was working with. They would not pass but they were not that bad he was
about  a OFA fair minus minus. This dog had so much to offer the breed it would
have  been criminal not to use him.
 This reminds me of another story I had a bitch being shipped in to  breed to
my CH Paladen I got the bitch out of the crate and she had hound dog  ears
Had the bitch belonged to anyone else I would have shipped her back UNBRED  but
she belonged to Fran-Jo kennels so I took the time to look at this bitch
other than the ears she was awsome. I bred the bitch and in the litter was GVX
Tatta of Fran-Jo.
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
PS the fords knew what they were doing. As  always