[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bad Soup

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 02:23:09 EDT

Some of you don't like analogies?  That's fine.  I can be blunt.

Over the past year or two, I have changed my opinion of people I once had
respect for.  This isn't the result of problems within the club, but the
reactions to those problems that I've witnessed almost constantly on this list
... a
list that I once put my heart and soul in to help create.  The club has always
had problems to overcome, and it probably always will. That's true of any
club.  People will always make mistakes.  Often, people will do what they can
hide their mistakes.  That is the nature of the beast.

Seeing club problems broadcast on this list is no surprise either.  That
should be expected and it can only do more good than harm.  If problems are
never
seen, they cannot be corrected.  That is not what is happening on this list
lately though.  On this list, we identify a problem, virtually crucify anyone
connected to it...then we turn our attacks toward anyone who shows any
compassion for the folks that have been thrown to the wolves for their
mistakes.  In my
opinion, and I'm sure in the opinion of many others, some of you appear to be
nothing but mean spirited.  Now, I personally don't care one way or the other
if you are that.  It's not my problem except for the image you are drawing of
the GSDCA and the rest of its membership.  As a fellow member of the GSDCA, I
expect better than a pack of wolves mentality.

In case you're wondering, while I am apparently a little more forgiving than
some of you, I am not at all naive.  I recognize dirty politics better than
most.  I'm already dreading the upcoming year of never ending attacks we're all
stuck with in every national Presidential election.  I guess no one remembers
the better way to get elected... To tell potential voters what you plan to do
to make things better.  Its always easy to point out an opponent's
shortcomings with the intention of causing people to vote against them.  Its
not so
simple to come up with good reasons for people to vote FOR you though.  That
takes
leadership qualities.

Tom Langlitz