[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bad Behavior, or Why our Clubs are dying out...

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:56:28 EDT

Sadly, Kathy, even if the individual reads your well written and much
needed post, he/she will not recognize his/her own boorish behavior; people
who
treat others that way have neither conscience nor remorse.  They simply
don't care.  Equally sadly, this individual is not the only one  who treats
others so abdominally.

Over the last almost 30 years, I have known individuals who acted as you
described.  Yes, its disgusting and shouldn't be tolerated.  These  same
individuals also treated their dogs as pieces of meat through whose  successes
they vicariously lived.  Your friend was the injured one yet he  was nothing
less than a gentleman.

Part of the problem is US; we allow the "bad guys" to do what they do, show
 after show, year after year.  Our excuse?  "it's just so-and-so ...  he's
always like that."  I saw something happen at a show last year that  turned
my stomach and, as I later learned, infuriated many others who were there
that day.  It was the epitome of poor sportsmanship, unethical behavior and
verbal abuse.  The sheer volume of the nastiness even left a dog sitting
and cringing, as if he had somehow caused all the bad feelings.  Those of  us
who witnessed what was said and done are EQUALLY responsible for having
allowed such repugnant behavior to go unchecked.  At the least, a Bench  Show
Committee should have been called.  But we did nothing; didn't want to  get
involved.

Bottom line, we need to start putting a top to the ill behavior of those
who won't control themselves.  Refuse to have anything further to do with
them, do not deal with them, do not allow them around your dogs.  Call  Bench
Show Committees when necessary (and, yes, it IS a pain for the Club but it
may, in the long run, be the very salvation of the club.) and let them know,
in  no uncertain terms, that what they do will no longer be tolerated.

There are a lot of wonderful dog people in our "sport"; perhaps if we begin
 to eradicate the cretins, showing dogs will have a chance at becoming the
joyous  experience it once was.
Diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds

In a message dated 7/16/2009 1:10:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I hope  that person reads this, and realizes the damage they  do

**************S T R E T C H  your technology dollars with great laptop
deals from Dell!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223081712x1201714210/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2
D5)