[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bad Behavior

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:00:53 +0000 (UTC)

Wish I'd had you at a couple of shows.......  The day Cookie finished her
championship I was outside the ring doubling my girl and had someone ask me
to support any one of three bitches because "we don't want that sable bitch to
win.'  Apparently I was doing a very good job of hiding my doubling! LOL  The
competition had folks outside the ring trying to build support for anyone other
than my girl.......using other breed people or novices - still not sure
which.  After Cookie won the class,  had the 'opposing' handler chew out a
judge in the ring and ALMOST had the show committee called on him/her.  Gender
is not noted to protect the guilty but they know who they are!  This person
pitched a fit right outside the ring after not even going reserve.   Had it
happened outside my ring the Rep would have been called.   One of the other
bitches eventually finished but the handler showed their true colors right
there in front of the world and continued[s] to show his/her butt.

A couple of years before I was showing the same bitch in a 6-9 puppy class at a
southeast specialty and had three or four 'ladies' [and I use the term loosely
to define gender only, not their demeanor] talking about the quality of judging
so loudly that the judge actually stopped and turned to see who they were.
Loud, obnoxious, NO MANNERS and trying to pull others into the
conversation.......   a lovely sable finished that day too.....

The worst was a situation at our local specialty show.  We were close on
entries and before closing called a couple of folks ans asked them to enter
their dogs to help hold the major.   One entered several dogs to help us out
paying entry fees and showing his own dogs becasue his handler couldn't be
there.  Two members of our own club sat at ringside and berated the owner and
his dogs, the same dogs that held the major for us.  Again loud, obnoxious,
and neather of which even apparently has an decent eye for a good
dog.  Needless to say we never got another entry from him.    He went on
to finish several dogs in the all breeds and at other specialties including
getting national awards.  We lost a member......

I've seen good stuff happen at shows - good sportmanship, folks helping each
other, etc - but there is always a bad lot and when they show up NOONE has

Suzanne Kinman