[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Back to the future

  • From: "Daryl Lauffer" <daryllauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:01:26 -0700

This isn't so hard for me.  Some of the people who have made the biggest
impression on me are the people that aren't as well known.  All the folks in
the Rocky Mountain Club and the Pikes Peak Club that took us under their
wing when we were newbies come first to my mind.  Answering stupid
questions, helping and befriending and welcoming us in.

Of the more well known folks are Barb Williams, who is an encyclopedia of
GSD knowledge and more than willing to help and one of the kindest people I
know in this sport.  Again, when we were new Fred M and Lew Bunch were
always willing to take the time to (patiently!) answer questions.  Jamie
Walker who was willing to trust us with one of her beautiful bitches and to
this day is willing to answer my questions and give opinions, who is also
awesome with Jr's.

I could keep going, there are a lot of really good people in our sport.
Dee Lauffer

Msg: #9 in digest
From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:26:39 EDT
Subject: back to the future - a novel thought

we've spent months tearing each other to shreds and dissecting a situation
that seems to be resolving itself.  here's a question for and, perhaps a
challenge to, you all:
besides the obvious icons of our breed, who in GSDs has left an extremely
positive impression on you and why?

look forward to hearing your positive answers!

Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds

Intro*Terms