[ SHOWGSD-L ] Back, sort of OT

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Show List GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 12:01:24 -0800

For those who weren't aware, the dogs, the cat and I have moved (to a
NEIGHBORHOOD!).  It was a long slow process, but my son took the last
week off to get me and mine off of his property and into the "new"
place:-)   So I'm here, with new internet service and a mailbox out
front on the STREET:-)
I'll play catch-up on the legislation news as I look through the
archives.   The important news is that L.A. County Kennel owners
banded together and got the LA. county planning commission to throw
out an absolutely horrible ordinance amendment that would basically
have banned breeding in the County Agricultural zoning.   ANd now they
are organizing and hoping to gather all So. Kennel owners into an
active, aware organization.  (email me for more information).

Remember Las Vegas needs your support to fight a proposed mandatory
spay neuter ordinance.  Santa Barbara (CA) needs your support to
encourage the County Supervisors to NOT pass a Mandatory spay neuter
law up there (requires a vet cert each year to remain intact and a
huge fee increase).

Later

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more