[ SHOWGSD-L ] BSLs here & there

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:55:48 -0500

I just read in our newspaper last week that a record has
been taken of the "kinds" of dogs that have bitten most
people in our area.  In just this half of the year, over 40
Pit bites compared to other mixes & purbreds who've
only about 1 - 4 or none.    They're, at this time, trying
to do the same in B.R.        It's just been a couple years
since they've outlawed the fighting.  As I said before, there
were more Pits than any other breeds in N.O. after those
hurricanes.
Indeed, cock fighting is STILL Ok here but they're trying to
outlaw it.  They have set this aside for now, old habits are
hard to quit it seems.  I understand some Politicians (sp.)
have these "chickens" and that's why they haven't stopped
this horrible mess.   One man had said he'd be lost without
his "chickens"  !!       It is tough for sure.  I've lived with some
Pits as boarders and they were family members and Ok.
As I've said so often, training and environment means a lot.
Need to go, have a good one folks and be very happy you
do have at least one GSD to hug.   Norma no L