[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BSL in Utah

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:49:58 EST

I'm a member of Mount Ogden Kennel Club, which holds our shows in  Logan
each year.  A couple of our club officers live and work in that area,  and
I've called
one to ask about this.  They are aware and concerned, but have had  little
luck getting anyone to listen to them - apparently the Police Chief is
especially
stubborn about the dog legislation.  I did send an email to the city
officers and
would like to suggest that anyone emailing try not to sound hostile or
threatening,
as that would only antagonize any who might be willing to listen to  reason.
Candy's email was a good one - hopefully there are some open minds on  the
city council!

We don't have any KC members in that area, but apparently the kennel  that
has been hit the hardest is a GSD breeder who has import lines and  competes
in Schutzhund.  I don't know her name - that was what I was told by  the
Malamute
breeder that I spoke to tonight.

In a message dated 12/26/2006 4:29:21 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_4845648

Somone recently posted the  above link to a town in Utah that has included
the GSD in their BSL.   Here is the link to the town of Smithfield, Utah.
Please
everyone,  bombard them with letters.  http://www.smithfieldcity.org/  I go
all breed shows every year in Logan.  Yesterday as we were driving to  Logan
to meet our new Christmas granddaughter we had to pass through
Smithfield.  I told my husband that we were not allowed to stop or  spend any
money in that town.  I will write my letter to them  tomorrow and inform them
of my  feelings.

CandyZ

candiasgsd.com

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."