[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BSL ?

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:44:12 -0800 (PST)

Mo had brought Little Richard over to my Girl Scout troop once for a Dog Safety
demonstration. It was AWESOME!!! They ahve a REALLY cute routine where Rick
tries to sneak the ball out of her purse etc... The kids just laugh and laugh.
She shows the kids how to roll up into a ball if they are being attacked and
how to approach a strange dog etc... VERY informative!!! VERY cool AND THE KIDS
Love IT! And so did Rick! He loved all the attention he got from all the kids.
I think the kids learned ALOT.
  Grace Eaton
Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Paul you can come to my class any time to talk to my kids about responsible
pet ownership!...Jaime Ross, daughter or Barbara, mother of Lexi, brought one
of her dogs to my class last year AND IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF THE
YEAR...my kids loved that wonderful, beautiful, well mannered GSD!...just let
me know Paul...Mondays and Tuesdays work best....Ed
RivendellP wrote:

about a month ago my ex-wife and her guide dog were attacked (not the first
time) by a pit bull, however this time her dog was injured...the police and
animal control were called, dog got away...I am starting to understand some
of the view points of these BSLaws....when it hits close to home your
opinions can change ...yea I know banning Pit Bulls or any other breed is
not the problem...but we need to do something..Ed Hill

Paul adds...

I understand the outrage Ed...it feels like you've been violated.

That said...it's not the breed it's the deed that really brings the
question. It just as easily could have been a black Cocker or a ninja Corgi.

The next article in "Da Review" from RALEEF is titled Educate...Don't
Legislate. (How appropriate since you are teaching and sculpting young minds
fulla mush) Help me get Responsible Pet Ownership 101 in the Brentwood
Public School curriculum. We will teach kids at every level...primary and
secondary...that responsible pet owners don't allow their dogs to run loose,
obey leash laws, and turn them from peSts into PEsTS that offer the joys of
owning a pet. Once it's ensconced in the system...we can graduate class
after class of responsible pet owners...look how well it worked with
recycling and dolphin free tuna.

RALEEF and all of its members would welcome the opportunity to explain this
to school administrators all over the country. Perhaps some on "Da List"
have the juice or a way to get us the chance!!!!!

Paul

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

            Grace Eaton
  Sirius German Shepherds
  zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx

http://mail.yahoo.com