[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BROKEN HEARTED

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ellenborders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 23:38:04 -0400

Airfares alone eats up a lot of expenses. You can't fly any place now for
less than 500.00 bucks. Gas prices are way down but airlines never brought
their prices down.

Lee
_lebrowngsd@aol.com_ (mailto:lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx)

In a message dated 5/3/2015 10:31:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ellenborders@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Luckily we are connected with an all breed show this weekend. And thanks
to the hard work of Joannie Intersimone, we have judges that can judge
other breeds, I'm sure that helps. Unfortunately it is hard to get really
good
specialty judges in connection with the all breed shows that can judge
other breeds. It seems for specialty shows to succeed these days you have to
have a minimum of three shows a weekend and it is very difficult to get
three specialty judges that are willing to come or have not judged in the area
recently.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2015, at 8:15 PM, _LeBrowngsd@aol.com_
(mailto:LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx) wrote:

The problem even with 5 points the entry is so low that it does not pay
the expenses. Many clubs have folded for that very reason including our club
here in New Orleans. We shut it down when were only getting entries of 20
for a 4 show weekend. You just cannot pay all the expenses with that small
entry. It is nice that shows draw majors but look what it takes for a
major. In our area 7 dogs is a major and 10 bitches. So if we can an entry of
17 we can brag our show is a major. So what it does not pay the bills. You
are seeing much larger entries in the AB ring because there are not as many
specialties and it is not as expensive to show there as opposed to showing
at a specialty. That is my story and I am sticking to it. :-)
Lee
_lebrowngsd@aol.com_ (mailto:lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx)

In a message dated 5/3/2015 8:45:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
_ellenborders@comcast.net_ (mailto:ellenborders@xxxxxxxxxxx) writes:

We have a really good entry at the show the May 15, shows/ futurity
weekend! 5 points in bitches, 28 one show, not like the old days, but a really
nice entry!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2015, at 6:21 PM, _edwinx@comcast.net_
(mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Sort of hard to encourage youth handlers especially if they are doing AKC
junior handling because of the very offensive AKC rule that prevents them
from being paid! Which is just outrageous! Just another way youngsters are
exploited at worst, and disrespected at best! Got into a big friendly debate
with Ken Tank on this subject years ago, yeah Molly if speaking out
against stupidly makes me a rebel, then I'm guilty as charged! Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App