[ SHOWGSD-L ] BOOKER'S days...

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(List)>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:38:00 -0700

We lost BOOKER sometime Monday night.   I just could not say it for a few days.
also known to some as:
Am. & Can. Select Excellent A.O.E. Champion Elvaston's Southern Byrne  T.C.,
P.T., HSAS.

We are still stunned.   I guess we are never ready ........
We had just bragged that his grandson ( much like him  )  had taken a 5 pt.
major at 14 months.
We had just bragged that BOOKER had earned his first leg on his Herding
Intermediate title
and we just knew with his ability and talent he would easily get his next two
legs at his next Trial
in August ....likely making him the highest working titled Select male that we
know of.
............................'some days are diamonds'
How we loved to watch his power in the conformation ring ......and with his
intelligent decisions
when herding sheep he even attacted the Border Collie people as his fans as
they watched.
He loved it all!!
At 9 1/2 years BOOKER was happy, healthy and his usual self confident arrogant
powerful self
when I gave him his last pet ( unknown to me )  Monday night and went to bed
with him content
on the cool tile in my computer room next to our bedroom.       When we got up
early Tues.
morning he was still in almost the same position looking like he was still
asleep....
but he was gone.
...........................'some days are stones'

Sometimes I feel I just can't do this anymore!

Frank, Carolyn and Doris................owned by BOSS & BOOKER.