[ SHOWGSD-L ] BOG - Constant Contact

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:22:28 -0700

WOW --- I'm so glad that the Parent Club is using this service to get the
Board O'Gram out in a timely and excellent manner.

I was first introduced to Constant Contact by Becky Tsaros Dickson.  When I
got her first promotional email, I asked Becky to give me the lowdown on it,
as she was using it to promote her now thriving, start-up business to the
German Shepherd Dog Fancy.  After hearing from her how easy, reasonable and
good it was, I decided to sign up my business and utilize it to promote the
various products available on our web presence. The best part about it is -
there is NO NEW SOFTWARE needed to purchase, it is a web browser based
client that the user is able to use their own html to generate attractive
email newsletters.  Constant Contact also has a survey module that is pretty
effective.  The best part - there are a LOT of templates available on their
site so, designing a new email isn't even hard - upload your database, pick
the email template you want to use, plunk in your text, and hit send. done.
Even better - any bounced emails, opt-outs, etc, are automatically removed
from your database, so that next time you want to send an email out, anyone
who doesn't want your communication isn't bothered.

As a business person, I fully understand the need for a reasonably priced
service to help in the costs of getting your message out.  I'm glad there
are services like Constant Contact out there.

It pleases me that the PC made a good decision and is now utilizing an
awesome, reasonably priced service to get the Board O'Gram out.

I want to publicly thank Becky Tsaros Dickson for sending out her emails
promoting her business, www.gsdbydesign.com <http://www.gsdbydesign.com/>
so that both the PC and I could learn of the advantages of using a company
like Constant Contact to the message out to the masses efficiently

The ironic thing to me is - her business wouldn't even be an independent
business if the Review Marketing Committee proposal, sent to every Board
member nearly a month prior to the meeting, wouldn't have been shot down in
flames in some committee or the other in April this year.

Oh well, free enterprise - gotta love it!  Onward and upward!

Regards,

Kathaleen Strong