[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: B.O.B brag

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:11:02 -0400

    After Em posted, I got a couple of  emails asking me who else won
and some other things............so here we go....
First of all I want to say that I thought it was going to be "cool" day
in New Hampshire...and it was hot as Hades!  Most of the dogs were in really
good coat, so while I did more them quite a bit, I didn't run their legs
off.....besides, the handlers were hot, too, I think..........
    Quality was high and there were times I wished we had a multiple
judge system, because I hated putting some of the dogs  in any
place other than first...there were some who went without a ribbon who
on another day could take it all.........that's how good they were.

    Winners Dog - Eagle Valley's Crusader, by Dallas x CH Eagle Valley's
Honey Girl...owner Breeder (Dennis Mulligan) and Larry Zicarrelli
       This dog just got better and better...and he had to be better,
because there were some really wonderful dogs there........including the
    Reserve Dog - Sirius Park's Kojak Bihari, by Bono x. CH Bihari's
Yola Sirius Park.. breeder, Lee Parkhurst & Mariea Bihari, owners, Ed & Lee
Parkhurst and Joe and Marie Bihari--- (this gave me a little
frisson.......I always loved Yola!!!!!!!!)
       Both these dogs came from the American Bred class.

Winners Bitch and BOW  -Acara's Cazadora, by CH Welove Duchiens Rollins,
ROM, x CH Acara's Mini-Me,
    breeder/owners Randy/Cathy Darnell, Frank Orlando (from American Bred)
RWB - (from Open) Brownhill-Kysarah's Odyssey, by CH Sirius Park's Worth
the Trip x Proven Hill's Skies the Limit (from Open)
breeders, Emily St. Hilaire and Frank de Bem, owners, breeders and
Rebecca Tsaros Dickson

    The American Bred bitch class was one of the best I've seen in the
east in years......the eventual winner came in like a house on fire and
was pretty
rammy, but once her handler slowed her down a bit, she was
spectacular...the shoulder on this bitch is to die for......if she
doesn't blow herself out
of the water with her attitude, this is one to watch.........The rest of
this class pushed her very, very hard......I think this was the hardest
choice
I had to make all day, and the one class where I really had to work them
off a bit, even if it was blistering hot.
    When the 2nd place AmBred bitch came in to compete for Reserve, I
was torn between her and the eventual RWB...the Open bitch got the Reserve,
because she just didn't let down...the AmBred bitch was in heavier coat
and had worked longer in the regular class, so while I understand and
would still
take her home in a minute, the decision went to the lighter coloured
bitch, from Open..

     Best of Breed...a dog and two bitches ...every one of them a good
one.......good backs, lovely long striding, strong moving animals who
gave it their all,
especially the eventual winner, who came in and hit her stride right out
of the gate - she never changed it...the other two took a few strides to
get going, but the winner needs no time to work into it...she starts out
super correct and stays that way, and doesn't quit.  Em's already told
you her name, Ch BrownHill-Kysarah's Worth It, by Worth The Trip x Can
Ch BrownHill Valco's Clean Sweep, breeder, Emily St. Hilaire, owners
breeder and Frank de Bem.
 BOS to CH BilMar's Here Comes Trouble, by CH Eagle Valley's Pfizer x
Stonehedge Jessice v Ken-delaine...breeders: MaryEllen Loizides and
Steve Roda, owners breeders and Pat Roda
This is the first time I remember seeing this fellow...he's handsome and
plushy, strong in secondary sex characteristics and really good on the
move, if a little wired... I liked him a lot, but today was Ladies
Day............

    Best Puppy...and this was hard, too...the boys were super
youngsters, but the baby puppy girl, just 6 months old on the day and
out in public for the first time, showed and gaited like she was an old
pro..........plus she is charming and very, very feminine and
pretty..........she is Sirius Park's Original Sin, by Worth the Trip x
Bihari's Donna, bred and owned by the Parkhursts.
    Best Opposite puppy -- Nasstana's Just in Case, also from 6 to 9,
but turning 9 months old tomorrow...by Ch. Tindrock's Fire Storm at NIMH x
Mar Haven's Southern Lights......breeders, owners and C. Martello,
owners: J and N Vaught.
       I'm not going to talk about Soot in the Veterans class...I
thought I did great in that I didn't cry, even when she kissed me!  What
a beautiful girl she
is, still...I just love her.

         Somewhere earlier in tonight's emails I saw a few posts about
how dogs that are clean coming and going win in the all breed
ring...well folks, if that's the criteria, every one of these dogs and
most of the class placing dogs and bitches, as well, is going to clean
up in the all-breed ring.  I think the dogs who weren't clean and pretty
coming at me numbered maybe 3?  Going away, there was only one who might
possibly make an all rounder raise an eyebrow...and when given
a second chance, that one was clean too.
          One or two of the dogs went a little shorter in front than
we'd like, and I suspect that this showed up more because there were so
many there with beautiful shoulders, and long, smooth, far-reaching
strides...........almost all animals followed through behind without
kicking up, I didn't see a single
dog dragging its toes (there may have been one, but I didn't see
it)...backs were almost all good.......there were a few dogs who were
hitting it hard,
which could make their butts a little bouncy, but even those, when they
settled down, were smooth.........

    It was a beautiful entry, and even with absentees, the major held in
dogs......no entry needs to be bigger when the quality is this high and
this deep.......

    I enjoyed my day, got to see some old friends, meet some new
ones.........laugh a lot, talk with my old friend Norman Seldes (who
turns 87 this coming
Tuesday), and be happy.........I was sorry I had to rush off, because I
would have loved to stay for the post-show activities and match and
watch Marilyn with some beautiful puppies, and I would really  have
enjoyed seeing how my choices fared on Sunday under Amy Safdir.....but I
did have to come home.
       Thanks to Em, to Mark, Wendy, Diane, and anyone I've
forgotten............thanks so much for inviting me and taking such good
care of me........
    The trophy table was beautiful, and thank you so much for my set of
etched glass mugs and the other little item...ho ho!

    A word of advice to anyone who has to fly without a dog  -- try Jet
Blue!  Thanks to Wendy Mendelsohn I now have a new favorite airline!
Peggy