[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BOARD VOTE: no place for rumors

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cynthia VanDenBerge" <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>, "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:35:19 -0600

That is why I used the word "allegedly"..this was circulated well before
the vote perhaps two-three months ago.Do you have actual proof that it is
not true? It could be that someone who is trying to portray Mr. Hunte in a
"better light" figured throwing money at the GSDCA would make it "all
better" and show what a benevolent and caring person he is and how worthy
he is of GSDCA membership..after all the breeders who sold him a dog
without really checking his background( or simply not caring what his
profession is) took his money with no problem and the handler, gladly took
his money all the way to the bank for showing his dog..I actually heard Mr.
Hunte was seen sitting in a "judges" box with some movers and shakers at an
all-breed show.Amazing what folks will turn their heads to if you wave a
few dollars at them. I don't believe or perpetuate most rumors, however, I
am smart enough to know that  sometimes where there is smoke..there is
fire..it would be wise to keep that in mind also. As for "integrity" of the
Board..this Board has the option of using this List to explain their
voting, their position and the whole story, especially now that we all know
that the vote should not have been done secretly.A few on the current Board
had absolutely no problem with using this List to stump for their own
election and to create a few "fictions" of their own about the past Board.
Actually it worked quite well..however now.it would seem that some of the
same on the current Board who used the List to their benefit in the past,
now feel.we need to be careful about what is posted as " the List isn't the
place for it.." HaHa! I say what comes around goes around. If some Board
members would like to keep this private,that is fine, but I would still
like to know who the "No" votes were..and if some that voted "yes" and
would like to share, that would be great too!.One Board member has already
done so on the List and another to me privately..thus far I have two
"No's". I am curious to see, if my "no" votes add up correctly!LOL Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

sizeable amount of $$ if accepted as a member" is a rumor that will only
prolong this way overdone already discussion.  Sorry if those of you who
have such passion for this issue think that my comment is "unsupportive of
well bred shepherds", I, for the record do not think Mr. Hunte should have
been allowed to be a member of the club.  The problem I think, is how to
legally keep him out the by way our by-laws are currently written and how
we have recently handled the membership process.  So, I hope that this gets
fixed in the future, but it is like closing the barn door after the horse
is out, right?  Just please, use caution when posting about this issue.
There have been so many incorrect things said already, especially about the
integrity of the board.  Cynthia