[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BOARD MINUTES: dollars and sense

  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:15:35 -0500

I was on the board of directors for the Tibetan Spaniel Club of America.  They
used to give board members $50 toward attending meetings, but they discontinued
that.  You are totally on your own.  You may get a free meal or two, but that
is it.  We have 11 on the BOD...5 officers, 5 members and the past president.
I flew to our national in Oregon from South Carolina because I was the
treasurer.  I was unable to make the middle of the year meeting because the
person I was riding with (the club president) could not go and I was unable to
go on my own.  We are a lot smaller club, but I see no reason why GSDCA could
not operate with 9 board members.  TSCA only has two meetings a year.  Just my
2 cents from another national club perspective.

Linda Hendrix

Goose Creek, SC

St James Shepherds

Lin Chi Tibetan Spaniels