[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BOARD MINUTES: dollars and sense

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:22:31 -0800 (PST)

In case some of you do not know; and I did not until recently, the budgets for
many of our committees have been cut back in an effort to save money.  How much
will it save in the "big picture"?  Time will tell, but some of the committees
are really trying hard..
 I like the idea of reducing our board size...never have been sure just how
much they get reimbursed for travel to board meetings...maybe they pay most of
their expenses????  I just do not know, mainly because I have not asked!   I
also hope that we don't give up on net meetings.  That whole process gets
better and easier everyday and I think it could be a viable option.
Like Dave said in his interview, we need to redo the futurity system. Also, sad
to say, but having a national in some of the places we have recently had one
makes no sense.  I am very curious to see what this years entry will be.  Maybe
I will be pleasantly surprised!  Cynthia

POST is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the original