[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BOARD MINUTES

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: AKeller97@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:48:37 EST

arlene has hit the financial nail on the head; members dollars are already
being stretched beyond the limit of most and, if the board chooses to
create  situations where it will try to stretch those same dollars any further,
we will  only lose members as a result.  since the BOG wasn't specific on the
 point, i hope that bill's "revenue generation" does not mean charging
members to watch the streaming video and prefer to assume that he will try to
fill all the banner-ad slots on the video to generate income. many good
ideas  have been presented by members in the past (such as a smaller BOD,
etc.);
since  this is a new board, let's see if they can implement some of those
suggestions  which would REDUCE costs.  as arlene said, costs need to be cut
from  within, not put upon those who are already supporting the club.
jmo,
diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 2/12/2010 8:33:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
AKeller97@xxxxxxx writes:

just  finished reading the Board O Gram.  Am I to  understand that revenue
generation ( a charge) is being planned with the  streaming video to  GSDCA
MEMBERS?  In addition, due to the 'serious  financial  issues confronting
the
Board, a fee for the use of credit cards to   purchase GSDCA products and
our
membership renewal.
My question  to  those in charge of our clubs finances is with the
decreasing  membership, how do  you expect to retain the membership we
currently  have?
In today's economy  we don't need to have our club increasing  fees.  We
are all in the same  boat folks. We need to tighten  our belts and cut
costs.
The head of the B&F  was â??thinking  outside the boxâ??â?¦ well instead of
raising
costs to the membership   why not look within and cut costs.
As Mr. Rinke mentioned in his  interview,  put the National in an area
where
it is best for all to  attend. Then we wouldn't  incur these heavy losses
due to locations,  flight restrictions, etc.  I  think our Board should
take
note  of how the membership feels the club should  address these  issues.
Arlene  Keller
 is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
NATIONAL BLOG -  ht_tp://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)