[ SHOWGSD-L ] BIS-Westminister

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:42:49 -0500 (EST)

I do not think any of the remarks concerning the judges' apparel  were
hateful...the comments were no different than what you would read  concerning
the dresses on ladies who walk the "red" carpet on any of those  televised
events.  Every day I make comments (at least internally) about  whether or not
some women have mirrors or at least a bff to check with before  they go out
in public...As to the remarks about the Peke; naturally all of us on  this
list wanted the GSD to win...but it wasn't the fact that the GSD did not  win
so much as it was that the Peke was not the second or even third choice of
the majority of dog show aficionados...the Irish Setter, the Dobe, or even
the  little Doxy would have been a better choice as BIS...Lets face it, the
Peke  is not a dog, it is a mop and has the bubbly personality of one.   Go
ahead you can flame me on that last comment, but rest assured even though
you  cannot see me, I had a big grin on my face when I typed that last
sentence and I  enjoyed typing every letter of the sentence...that was not said
in
a mean spirit  but in a joking manner..lighten up people!!...don't take
yourselves so  seriously....And a Peke fan would never be on a GSD list and if
they were,  surely they would not be demented enough to think that their
breed would inspire  praise from a list dedicated to GSDs...and as the infamous
Evan would say,  "...not that there is anything wrong with that..."....VERY
BIG GRIN!...yes, I am  shouting my smile to all of you have a wonderful day!

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)