[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BIS, etc

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 12:53:39 GMT

That sounds like a nightmare to me.  I could NOT send Harley off with a
handler.  We go together, or not at all.  He is #6 now; that is, for me, better
than being #1 and getting phone calls.  Oh, shudder!!  I can't go in the ring
with him, like Lucky Sally (mention my or Harley's name when visiting her booth
for a 50% discount) can with her Corgi, and I can't groom him like JR can, but,
I am a big part of his campaign by conditioning him and all the other everyday
fun things we do together.  And, I was told last weekend that I am finally
becoming a fairly acceptable double handler!!  High praise, indeed.  Thank you
JR and Sheryl Brockett....you got through to me!!   :-)   :-)

A few weeks ago there was a 4 day show in Arizona.  We went only Saturday and
Sunday.  Harley won the Group both days.  On Sunday, while waiting around for
Best In Show judging, one of the show officials/judge came up to JR and asked
why Harley wasn't entered the next day, Monday.  She said the judge would
absolutely LOVE him.  JR proudly explained to her that this dog lives with his
owner and his owner has a life and a job!!  The official said something like,
"What a novel concept."

Our dogs don't live long enough..I want to savor every moment of my pet's
lives.  That is why you see Charlotte-Jo traveling with us to all out of the
area shows; it would kill me to have her sitting in a boarding kennel cage
while Harley and I sat in a hotel room!!

Different strokes for different folk's egos.

Paula

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047, DNA tested clear of the
long-coat factor.