[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BIS

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:24:28 -0600

Honestly, I am not quite sure what people want out of the Peke? He wagged his
tail on the table, he made eye contact with the judge, he bounced on the
go-around and when the judge came down the line the final time, he looked right
into her face and said "This one is MINE". The other dogs showed well, but
aren't perfect, either...

What I am having a terrible time with here, both from my GSD peeps and my Dal
peeps is the fact that everyone whines and complains when people make cracks
about a crippled GSDs and a hyper Dalmatians, yet it is okay to publicly bash
another breed of PUREBRED dog.. What are we in, kindergarten?

To reiterate something I said on my FB page.. I have a couple of Peke breeders
as my friends. They breed WONDERFUL BIS dogs and I know their feelings were
very hurt by the comments about their breed...

Remember what YOU said about the Peke the next time someone criticizes your
beloved GSDs for being crippled, aggressive, biters or being unhealthy.. What
goes around, comes around..

Let's stop talking about what we did not appreciate about the Westminster Best
In Show winner and move on to the fact that he was out and about doing
wonderful PR for purebred dogs and this very humble handler, David was a true
gentleman and by all counts, got rave reviews from every place they visited
yesterday in NYC.

PUREBRED DOGS ROCK (and yes, so do the mixed-breeds!)..

Jessica MacMillan

No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC