[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BH, IPO & Club Membership?

  • From: Carolyn Putnam <kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 09:55:20 -0700

The cross over has been done before, though not very often.

I remember one dog in the Parade of Greats at the National held in Anaheim
(some 20 years ago) that was a working police dog, Sch3 titled as well as a
Ch.
Have no clue as to his name. And I have heard of other dogs that have done
the same sort of thing but again do not know them.
On Aug 8, 2015 9:00 AM, <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also....I don't believe it is "lack of Brave" on the GSD Breeder that
prevents any of us from putting

a BH or ANY OTHER kind of title on their dogs. With pretty much all of
us it is purely lack of

time...availability for training...( but mostly money and time ).

I totally hear what you are saying!! That's why...it would be perfect for
the dogs I see advertised.."finished in 3 straight shows with all majors"
or "finished from the puppy class"! Or, "Has his IPO1 and KKL at age 2"!
That would allow for extra training time since they are done doing there
thing! ***huge grin*** :-) :-) :-)

But, on a serious note...I do understand. It would be easier for the
Champion to get the BH (free financially but would involve time) than the
IPO dog to get a Championship (time and lots of money). But, I hear you! It
just makes me so happy that it is just a lack of time preventing the
crossover. I'll take that......*big smile* I'm not saying it has to be done
with every dog. Just maybe one dog even one time....like everything, it
just takes a commitment. Maybe just one time get a BH instead of a PT or
what have you....I only say that to help support each other. It just gets
so tiring with the separation of the breed! I know both sides would grow to
appreciate the other if given a chance. I know I have....

Sarah