[ SHOWGSD-L ] BH, IPO & Club Membership?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx>, <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 08:34:05 -0700

Hi Sarah;
I don't know of any GSD Club that will not allow you to join the Club if you
don't own an
AKC Reg. German Shepherd Dog. I am truly sorry that happened to you. How
discouraging!
Membership has nothing to do with AKC papers on your dog. The AKC Reg. has
more
to do with breeding and showing than the membership in a Club?

In our Club...one of our favorite persons brings her top Weimaraners and
other Breeds
to our training classes. We've had Great Dane people...some
Dobies...Aussies, etc.
If any of these persons wanted to join the Club we would welcome them. How
else can
some learn about a quality German Shepherd Dog except to become involved.

Also....I don't believe it is "lack of Brave" on the GSD Breeder that
prevents any of us from putting
a BH or ANY OTHER kind of title on their dogs. With pretty much all of us
it is purely lack of
time...availability for training...( but mostly money and time ). Most of
us have a life...of families,
jobs, dogs, shows, litters, Clubs....that is literally the "wall" we are
all hitting in this regard to
entering the IPO world. There is no fence....so much as a pure lack of
time and access to
training availability. We all have to make choices on where our heart is
and what we CAN do.

It works both ways as Evan said. We could challenge all the breeder/
trainer/ exhibitors in the
world of IPO to enter the Conformation ring also. We could use the
entries....<G>...and that also
takes a "brave heart" and a lot of work....believe me. <G>
Either way....
We all agree this is an AWESOME Breed that can do it ALL! <G> It's the
owners that can't

GREAT POSTS! THANKS for your enthusiasm!!

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com