[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BEST POST ever! ~ aussies

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 16:35:11 -0600

> On Nov 15, 2013, at 15:05, Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm
> <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Do have one question have you talked to the ones in
> charge of the UKC?
>
> It is not the White Shepherd Dog breeders you continue
> on blaming for various events
Be real(!!!!!!) the UKC did not and would not change the requirements on a
breed without input from the respective parent club. No registry, private or
publicly owned, would!
HOWEVER- it was done without any knowledge or consent of the membership of
UWSC, it was a 4 person executive board decision- but one must admit that 4
represented (at least to when membership was public) 10% of the total
membership, and often more!   Most like more again, as many UWSC members will
not be renewing for 2014 and even changed their breeding programs in protest...
 Many know especially the UKC registered WS population can't sustain itself
genetically, and along with no UKC GSD to WS breedings allowed AND the big
thing that there are no new single registrations into the breed anymore, even
if 50 generations white to white,  so that population has basically shut itself
off from the world-- except that FCI BBS will be allowed singly b/c they are
already registered as (Swiss) White Shepherds.  So guess what- the new fad with
WS breeders is to bring back an import, but the imports are all from the same
lines they're already using, just the immediate ancestors are different!  But
then when ppl look back more than 3-5 generations in a pedigree they'd probably
get to seeing it for themselves...  North American bred white GSDs are behind
EVERY PEDIGREE IN THE FCI BBS.
> but UKC does
> want to be accepted into the FCI in the near future.
Paraphrased from Wayne himself from a Premier a couple of years ago:  of course
we do- it's been a work in progress since the AKC is considered the "national
all-breed" club, being the one that can exchange (both ways) registration
papers between them- even though the UKC is more in-line with registering the
foreign breeds (they recognize over 350 breeds, the AKC less than 200) and have
their groups divided somewhat more like FCI does. (For those who don't know,
there are 8 groups in UKC but 10 in FCI as compared to akc's 7...)
Me myself & I, that won't happen as I see it

JP&P