[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BEST IN SHOW FOR THE VETERAN

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: bedkar@xxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:36:57 EDT

congratulations, kay!  how fantastic to accomplish from veterans  - you
should be SO proud.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 5/3/2010 11:32:40 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
bedkar@xxxxx writes:

This  past weekend, we all got together for the Walla Walla KC
shows....this

is not unusual as it is one of the weekends  that is  in a place that is
easier

for us all to get to.  Anyway, we had a  good entry...36 Saturday and 35 on

Sunday.

I  decided to show Stevie (Ch Von Hamm Bedkar Leathern'  Lace).  She loves
showing

and getting to visit with all of her  friends, both the GSD folk and the
All Breed crowd.

After all was said  and done, Stevie came away with 2 BOB, back to back
Group One's

and  Best in Show on Sunday....all at the tender age of 7 1/2.

As for the discussion about showing dogs and ranking  them....yes, ego is
involved, no

doubt about it.  But there is  something more...not so easy to define.
Watching Stevie

"do her  thing" yesterday was such an emotional happening.  She was fired
up and  playing

to the crowd....and she was a great spokesdog for the  breed.  The bond we
have

developed over the years of showing is  so very special, both the highs and
the lows.

The friendships that she  has helped bring about are priceless....watching
her with

adults and  kids alike.  That is what it is really about.

-Kay Reamensnyder  and Betty Doerpinghaus
-Home of Bedkar German  Shepherds
-bedkar@xxxxx
-Visit our Website:   www.bedkargsd.com

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org