[ SHOWGSD-L ] BEST E-MAIL

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:25:58 -0700

Best email in a month:
Msg: #11 in digest
From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:36:13 EDT
Subject: Voting, "free speech", and questions

I have been appalled at the lies & innuendos that have been  posted on the
ShowGSD list in the past several months.

There is a small group of people on this list who are very  vocal and
negative about the current GSDCA board.  Please  when/if you are a member of
the
GSDCA and you vote, use  your heads.  Don't believe everything that you read or
"hear",  especially if you are reading and hearing these things on this list,
which is one of the most skewed lists to which I have ever  belonged.  NO ONE
should believe everything they read, just as  they shouldn't believe everything
they hear no matter how "accredited" the  source.  Always take into
consideration the author, their possible agendas,  and their supposed sources
of
information.

I value the right to free speech.  BUT, as has been said before, free  speech
is and always has been a double-edged sword.

I feel that with the "right" of free speech, comes the responsibility to be
honest.  Don't ask questions which inflame and pass on "rumors".  The  problem
lies not in the concept of free speech, but rather in the hidden agendas  of
the speakers.  Unfortunately, we cannot hold speakers/writers  accountable for
what they write or say on an email list.   I think for  anyone to have
integrity though, they should try to be disciplined in what they  write.

Julie  Degen
Fort Monroe,  VA
www.caissonkennels.com