[ SHOWGSD-L ] BBE class

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:39:13 -0400

Gee, even when I know what the facts are, I get confused when I read the
posts to the list...now I understand how it is that people think they're
being sued,
why some people thought Evan was at fault for the law suit and the charges
that were filed...it's the inability of some list members to understand what
is written...
and then, when those people respond, everybody responds to and comments on
the incorrect statements.

  So...let's go back.  The AKC will vote in December on whether to eliminate
the Novice class.  The plan is to replace the Novice class with an
Amateur-Owner -Handler class.    The wording at the moment reads:  : The
Amateur-Owner-Handler class shall be for dogs that are at least six months
of age that are not champions. Dogs must be handled in the class by the
registered owner of the dog. This class is restricted to exhibitors who have
not, at any point in time, been a professional dog handler, AKC approved
conformation judge, or employed as an assistant to a professional handler.
Additionally, members of the immediate family or household of a current
professional handler are ineligible for this class (as defined in Chapter
11, Section 13).   Professional handlers are defined as any person who
belongs or has belonged to a professional handlers' organization,
distributed rate cards, or otherwise advertised or represented themselves as
handling dogs for pay.

Whew!  That means that Joan, myself, Donna or Olivia, Greg or Linda, Ed
Barritt, Dave Rinke, Lynette Boyles, and the like, are ineligible to compete
in this class.    You will note there is no mention of being the
breeder............. and this maybe where the confusion lies.   The Bred-By
class, according to this, will remain as it is...but professionals and their
partners or live-at home children, judges, or anyone who ever WAS a handler
or a judge, or anyone who ever assisted a professional handler, can NOT show
dogs in the new class.

If I added to anyone's confusion, I'm sorry.

Peggy