[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BBC Documentary

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:38:11 GMT

What I saw on the Today show was a very biased and deceptive interview with a
vet who stated, "All purebred dogs have hereditary health problems."
Well....DUH!!
Humans, cats, and all other species have hereditary health problems, too!!
Such is life and Nature!!

The darned interviewer just nodded!!  Never debated the vet's point nor
questioned his (lack of) logic!!

Where do mix-breeds come from?  Pure bred dogs.  So, do the health problem
genes disappear when one breed is bred to another??

The vet kept expounding on in-breeding, almost adding an implication that it is
immoral to breed fathers to daughters and mothers to sons!!  How do these
idiots think wild horses and other wild herd animals survive??   One male
leader who breeds all the females in the herd until he is too old and gets
kicked out by a younger son who will then breed with his mother, aunt, sisters,
etc.!!  Natural selection makes the strong survive and the weak perish!!
I am surprised that the religious right doesn't do something about these sinful
animals!!!!

It is as illogical as these health care discussions going on on the List!!
Some insist that buildings make medical decisions!!  I give up!!

Paula, 309 days and counting

From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BBC Documentary
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:26:40 -0500

This is the program I mentioned a few times here on the list...it brought
about  the problems with the GSD club and the KC in England, as well as the
whole health nazi stance the KC was forced to take.  It is interesting to
know that just this week the BBC has been found liable (in court) of biased
reporting and more, and over across the pond, the BBC is backing up on the
program big time.
       Some of the people who appeared on the program have also admitted
that they were wrong in the statements they made.

   Apparently that isn't going to stop BBCAmerica from airing the program
tonite...exaggerations and downright lies and all.  (It is scheduled
to air tonite on BBCA, not on BBC, which we don't have here.  The real BBC
is hardly likely to show it ever again.  The show's also been on YouTube in
2 or 3 parts...)  Some of us have been wondering if BBCA will pull it
too...but maybe they don't move quickly enough.  I can only hope the AKC
and/or the UKC complains as the KC did.

   There is a move on as I type to demand that NBC apologize for airing what
they did this morning because of the BBC losing its case in court ... of
course, they'd rather report on sensationalist items than anything really
important to our country....another reason not to watch network news at all.

Peggy