[ SHOWGSD-L ] BALLOT GATE

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:52:29 EDT

I would think that most of us knew about the problem early on and either
have not yet sent the ballot in or have corrected it by crossing out the bar
code or have, as Evan suggested several days ago --used another envelope  and
sent the whole thing in that way -- The one thing that may not been  done is to
communicate with those who do not have email--there is still time for  that -
if it is done quickly.

But --ya' gotta' pay attention to the bylaws--no one can wave that one
away--it bears repeating--
RULES THAT CANNOT BE SUSPENDED.  Rules contained in the bylaws cannot  be
suspended-no
matter  how large the vote in favor of doing  so  or how inconvenient the
rule in question may be ....
(just a  parliamentarian:..( but smarter than the average bear:-)
Ginny Altman

In a message dated 9/23/2007 7:39:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Ginialtman@xxxxxxx writes:
Rules  contained in the bylaws (or   constitution) cannot be suspended-no
matter  how large the vote in  favor of doing  so or how inconvenient the
rule in
question may  be ....

Then Evan writes:
First Ken said so, now Ginnie. Neither of  them are attorneys, so let  me
speak as an officer of the court and a  practicing trial lawyer.

You cannot suspend your by-laws for any reason  at any time. You can change
them, but you cannot ignore them, or  suspend them.  Had that rule of law
been
followed when our three  attorneys said so, Margy, Kris and Lamar, we could
have saved a lot of  problems in the last few years.

Evan