[ SHOWGSD-L ] BACK FROM GERMANY

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 16:26:40 EDT

Hi Everybody,

Bob and I got back last night from Germany and Liechtenstein.  We had  a
good trip.  However, a piece of advice for those of you who may go to a
Sieger Show in Germany one of these days, do NOT go through Paris.  We got  a
good deal on tickets and had to change planes at De Gaulle airport.  What  a
nightmare!  You have to change terminals and it is really  confusing.  Next
time we will change planes in the US and fly directly to a  German city (or
European city close to where we are going).  Anyway, we did  make our flight
back and got home last night.

Ulm was really nice.  We had great weather.  It is interesting to  watch
the show.  They judge a large number of dogs while still evaluating  them all
individually.  The Sieger and Siegerin were both very nice - in  fact the
Siegerin was a daughter of the Sieger.  At the WUSV meeting the  next day,
both judges gave a critique of their placements with pictures of the  dog/bitch
along with pictures of the sire/dam, grandsire/dam, and great
grandsire/dam.  I thought it was really nice to be able to see the dogs in  the
background.

Anyway, after Ulm we went to Liechtenstein and I think I can truthfully say
 we saw and did almost everything there was to do there.  Probably the one
thing we missed was miniature golf - I felt I could pass on that.
Liechtenstein is very beautiful but, as you know, very small.

I have successfully gone through the more than 400 emails waiting for me -
but I haven't answered all of them yet.  Doing laundry and that kind of
stuff.  We can pick up Rags and Monty tonight.  That's   lucky.  We have to
wait until Tuesday to get the mail.

Tish