[ SHOWGSD-L ] BABY CARTER NEED YOUR HELP

  • From: Tiffany Bartley <gsdjoelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:32:35 -0800 (PST)

With the holidays fast approaching it puts all of us into a frenzy to get
shopping done,cards bought and all the other holiday duties done.We know that
many members of the german shepherd fancy have suffered sickness and even death
during this past year.For the surviving people and families there is much
residual painand some have much to be thankfull for.We would like to take a
moment of your time to tell you about a brave parent team of our dog family
that is in a dark place this yearat christmas.The hickey family is very dear to
all of us in this area.They are active members of the german shepherd dog club
of kalamazoo and have owned a futurity winner and a maturity winners.They have
always offered thier help and have truly tried to promote the german shepherd
breed putting each dogs needs ahead of what they want.Kevin and Dory Hickey
assited by thier parents have been coping with an extremely difficult family
crisis.Thier young son Carter Hickey began his life as a normal
 baby,his much awaited delivery went with no complications and the Carter
family had thier son,At about 6 mths old things took a turn for the horrifing
unexpected.Baby Carter has spent more of his young life in children's hospital
then out.From Ann Arbor mi.,to Detriot and Grand rapids.They have spent
countless night in the emergency unit.Currently Carter is in intensive care
unit at ourlocal childrens hospitalhe has siezures almost 24 hours a day.Thier
nexted plan of attack is to go to any one of the speciality Mayo clinics.Which
one has not yet been determined.Due to the extensive out of pocket none
insurance covered expenses the Michigan and other surrounding states of
american club members have decided to do something to help the Hickey family to
show them that our dog family does care and pull togetherin times of need!The
Hickey family is a one income family and although much of Carters medical
testing is covered nothing else is.Kevin has missed days of work and other ex
 penses
 are adding up at an alarming rate,and the fight  for Carters life is just
beginning.Baby Carters family are fighting as all parents would,to find out
what is causing these continuous siezures that leave thier son in almost
constant agony.Afund in Baby Carters name has been established.Letus explain
the several ways that you can help us help Baby Carter's family.Please remember
the smallest donation matters.If you only have a 1.00 extra we would greatly
appreciate that dollar.
    from the german shepherd dog club of kalamazoo and all of its members