[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Awards, Merits, etc...

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <chsweetsun@xxxxxxx>, <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:53:45 -0700

As with Mike....to me, the Grand Victor or Grand Victrix title tops them all in
this Country!!
It is supposedly  based on the merits of the animal and not the owner or
trainer.   It is about the dog......
That being said.....almost all Grand Victors seem to become R.O.M.'s....and
most Gr. Vx. also ...I hope.
Having a Grand Victor with ALL the titles from Grand Victor to A.O.E. to R.O.M.
and R.O.M.C. as we
did with 'BOSS' is truly the frosting on the cake!!    He never had a chance to
work in SchH but
would have LOVED it.   <G>   BOSS was also successfully tested for
Beihund-Lehrling herding....
His grand son 'SCOOP' with the DOUBLE Grand VIctor title AND Grand VIctor in
Canada along
with the A.O.E. and ROM also!   What else could he do....he did it
all.......twice!!  .<G>
Also,  the 'other' BOSS grandson we bred,   Grand Victor A.O.E. and ROM ....
'BONO'.
Not to forget Grand Victors  'UZI'   and  'BUNGIE'  with same.... A.O.E. &
ROM!!   Awesome dogs!
( hope I've not missed other Grand Victors with these "extra"  titles. )

We are now working on one of the higher Herding Titles for our 'BOOKER'  ( BOSS
son ) who is
also Select in U.S. and Canada and A.O.E. and lacks one Major reserve  winner
for his ROM.
BOOKER already has his P.T.  and HSAS herding titles    We by-passed the H.T.
with him.
With this dog I can't say which is the most fun to watch......him in the
conformation ring going
Select twice & in Canada...or making his own self imposed  "victory pass"  when
he has finished
his herding and the sheep are penned.....and he proudly gaits around the arena
to applause. <G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: Lindenhill German Shepherd :Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:28 AMSubject:
Re: Awards, Merits, etc...
My perspective is a bit different then Sheila's, although I do agree that ROM's
are the backbone of a breeding program. Achieving the ultimate goal of GV of
GVx is what we are striving for. Who most closely represents the standard at
"our" most prestigious show, the National, under our highly regarded judges and
against the stiffest of competition.

Grand Victors and Victrix's are likely a once in a life time achievement.

From: Tari Kridler <chsweetsun@xxxxxxx>