[ SHOWGSD-L ] Augusta Shows

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:26:35 +0000 (UTC)

The Augusta Specialties were held this past weekend.  I wanted to write and
compliment the hard working members and exhibitors.  These shows are always
wonderful.  Large grassy rings, great sportsmanship, and camaraderie.  These
are the kind of shows that make being in this game fun.

Gene and Lynda Workman invited all of us to their home for dinner Friday
night.  They always serve delicious food and we enjoy spending time with dog
friends.  I always wonder how they do this every year after setting up rings,
supporting the entry, and along with club members pulling off 2 days of
shows.

Saturday night was enjoyed by all The Annual BBQ at Bob Turman's.  Reason
alone to attend the shows!  Like the Workman's; the food is wonderful and so
are the friends we spend time with.

I wanted to say a special thank you to 3 up and coming Juniors  who do a
wonderful job showing dogs.  We affectionately call them the Stamper Girls-
Chelsea Ball, Jessica Ball, and Taylor Petry.  Each helped so much showing
dogs in the classes, winners, and breed.   All 3 do an excellent job; and
their help was tremendous.

It was a really enjoyable weekend.  This type of event keeps people
interested in our sport.  Going to dog shows is one thing, having a club and
exhibitors converse, join each other away from the show, and support each
other is what is is all about. LindaB