[ SHOWGSD-L ] August Brags for Oak Ridge.

  • From: " Oak Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "the list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:03:17 -0600

This has been one big August here at Oak Ridge. Where to start?
First our Girl Nizhoni (Kaimacha Innuendo) was the #1 new ROM bitch for
2007.   :{)     She has many good puppies out there who will continue to
contribute and has just had a litter (it will be her last) with CH Tams
Treasure Isle TT HIC a great Bi and a nice line breeding.
This last week-end in Greeley Colorado was Majors on both sides.
On Saturday under judge Mrs. P.A. Hess our Alvin daughter who just turned 6
months old the day before was run around with the open bitch and the 9-12
bitch as a serious contender for WB. Her first show and she looked great. We
call her Sienna and her name is Joelle's Jakelyn V Oak Ridge. Next our new
girl (9-12) Serenity's Mariah (SEL CH HiCliff Free 'n Easy X Serenity's
Cholula) took reserve winner's bitch. :{) Was a great showing her third time
out. To finish Saturday our boy CH Oak Ridge Lunar Shadow went BOB. This was
his 10th BOB and his first time out in almost a year. We wanted him to
mature a little and he looked very nice. We only had him entered the one
day.
On Sunday under Judge Ms M.R. Spalding our Hunter daughter Woodsides Jakarta
(CH Woodsides The Bounty Hunter X CH Woodsides Nickole) went WB and BOW.
This made a VERY WET weekend a great affair!
Finally, as many of you know I have been doing a lot of my own handling and
was actually asked to take in someone else's dog!  Val Manning bravely put
me on the lead of her open boy Terra Nortes' Ninja (the Nija warrior, a very
nice moving MALE who will be going places) and we finished with a Major
reserve!  It was outside and he looked great, every one was clapping for him
(see the thread on applause) and he got excited and galloped his last go
round (2 times non stop) and I think it cost him the win. Well he did loose
to a very nice Dallas son owned & bred by Sheri McKinnon but other than that
he would have won. :{)
(I know I am going to hear from Sheri on this!)
Life is cake,
Dog shows are the icing.
Oak & Carrie
Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog
Signers of the GSDCA Breeders Code of Ethics.
www.oakridgegsd.blogspot.com