[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Attack work on the List

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

Let me try to help with this topic.

  Evan they are not doing aggression training they are doing protection
training. Protection is obedience under high distraction. The person in the
middle of the ring is no longer an agitator he is referred to as The Helper. He
helps the dog learn self control and then rewards him with the sleeve. They
don't like the term Attack Dog any more than we like the expression of Brain
Dead Showdog.

  How was that Linda?

  Terry

legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Apparently I am incapable of making this point. What I took offense to was
your use of the terminology 'attack work'. No one gets away with saying what I
do is attack training.

For what its worth, I am a member of USA. We seldom see any pics from the
protection phase in our magazine - - maybe in the context of an article or
national/world event results - but not really as advertising.

Linda
Legato German Shepherds
--------

I don't remember belittling schutzhund. I love the sport, and maybe some
thought being called aggressive is an insult.