[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Attack work on the List

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:42:28 EDT

I do quite a few german/american breedings myself of varying percentages
because, coming from a Schutzhund background in the 70s, I like the higher
intensity of the crosses for working in any venue but I do not like the extreme

high drives of many imports today.

I find the crosses are usually a nice balance.

Most of my crosses right now go back to Sel Ch Dingo and Ch Ondra - both
exceptional imports as far as being competitive in the american show world -
especially Dingo.

I agree that it's difficult to maintain show movement and that's the  biggest
fear with every cross breeding we do - will we lose structure and  movement
for the show ring?
However, I find that I am more willing to give a little on specialty style
movement to get and keep the trainability I like - but that's just a personal
option.

Gene is not as fond of higher drives as I am and he definitely will  focus on
specialty style structure and movement over  trainability  so we are
constantly striving for both in one package  :-)

I have a cross breeding in the works right now that I have high hopes for  as
being a great balance for both rings but time will tell.
lynda

Check out  our websites below for regular updates
Gene Workman
Lynda  Bragg-Workman
Falkrigia Shepherds
_www.falkrigiashepherds.com_ (http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/)