[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Attack work on the List

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Falkrigia@xxxxxxx" <Falkrigia@xxxxxxx>, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:01:09 -0500

I can appreciate the interest in schutzhund just as a do all performance
venues. I suppose because we have "been there done that" it doesn't hold a new
fascination for me. However, I can also state that because of mine and Steve's
working background, temperament and trainability have still been at the
forefront of our breeding program. I currently have a 1/2 import 1/2 American
bitch..she does not embody the movement I desire..she basically has nothing
outstandingly correct about her, but doesn't have anything outstandingly wrong
with her. Her temperament was adaptable to a degree, however in the beginning I
may have considered her too sharp for the average family. When I wanted to do
something to her( nails, bath, clean ears, check her when in season, etc) this
was usually met with an attempt to bite me..this wasn't go to fly at our house!
 I attribute some of this to her former owner allowing her to learn the power
of her mouth without correction. Now that she and I have co
 me to a meeting of the minds, there are no problems. Although I know she is
only half import, I do find it ironic that she seems to have less ball drive
and prey drive than the dogs from my lines and she is more hyper-active in her
kennel than the dogs that are from my lines. I don't state this is a bad way,
only to note that there is a difference in the intensity that she has, and she
does waste quite a bit of energy!LOL! She has been interesting to incorporate
into my breeding program. I did so mainly to maintain virility..and that she
did, she had 10 puppies sired by Ch.Nathan, she whelped easily, all were
uniform and very vigorous and we didn't loose any. Time will tell if I was able
to correct in one breeding the structural issues that she has in at least a
couple of the puppies. Christine
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM