[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ask and you shall receive

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:50:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2009 1:11:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pamjb1@xxxxxxx writes:
I feel  that since the German Shepherd is toted for being the most
versatile working  breed out there, that any type of recognized performance
event
should  apply.

What interests me is that here seems to be a lack of  membership
involvement.  If there is to be changes in the award, or in  qualifications,
why not
ask the membership for input?  At least the  chairman of a committee should
try to find out what we, those who are involved,  might think of a change.

I know our board works hard, and the committee heads take on a  lot. But,
it is very easy to just make changes, or add requirements. This is  still a
club of members, not the United States Congress, who never asks what the
citizens want.

Why not address a change to the membership before voting on  it? At least
that way the committee head, (who should or should not recommend a  change)
can inform the board of the general opinion.

But then again, maybe I am wrong.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/