[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ask and you might get what you want

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:20:31 EST

In a message dated 2/9/10 10:50:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Anyone  remember that the board decided there was going to be a strict
limit to how  many pages of editorial content there could be based on how many
ads there  are?

When I was on the board I tried to fight the idea that the Review has  to
show a profit. If you want a profit, have the club pay for the articles and
club publications, president's page, editorial page and other pages by the
board in the Review, then the income from the Review goes to the club,  and
the magazine will show a profit.  Just another way to cook  the books.

I would love to see more to read, and I know that Tedi has been asked on
occasion to write for one magazine or another. I used to write something for
every issue of the Quarterly and I did that for a few years. Last month a
magazine asked me to write an article about our national, which I did.

It is up to our board to decide how pithy and full we will make the
Review.  So far, the space is limited, and Susan does a great job with the
tools
she is given. If we want larger issues, or more information in the Review,
we should write the board and ask someone to suggest it.

Our board is responsive to the membership.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/