[ SHOWGSD-L ] As you wish

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:10:27 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/09 12:11:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:
I agree  with you Helen on the voting  - less confusing . highest 3 numbers
of  votes judge

As some know, I was the one who worked to get the weighted ballot. I wanted
 it marked, D for Dogs, B for bitches and S for Specials.  I worked to two
years to get it in, and then gave up. After two votes it passed both times
after  I made a presentation with graphs and reason, then Ralph Roberts
wanted another  vote, and it failed. Then after I was off the board, it was
voted in  again.

I looked over the ballot and saw who I wanted to do Specials, and didn't
find a second choice. But, I found a number of good choices for Dogs and
Bitches. I would rather not split the votes and then find out Specials is being
 judged by someone not qualified.

But, it is a battle I gave up on years ago. If the board goes back to one
vote for person, we will end up with a Specials judge with 40 or less votes,
as  it will be divided between so many other votes.  If that is what the
club  wants, I still will choose if I want to show under that person.

I am saving my energy to fight other battles.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/