[ SHOWGSD-L ] As the year draws to a close.....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:04:11 -0800 (PST)

  As this year winds down and the last of the presents are wrapped and under
the tree, I stop to remember all that came with the months past.
   The last year has seen new life and new friends; tearful goodbyes to some
who wait on the other side...many successes and even more challenges. It has
taught me that you never need to look further than your own back yard for the
end of the rainbow; even on the cloudiest of days it is still there waiting to
be discovered.
  I have learned humility in the face of someone dealing with the ultimate
adversity and watched in awe at their grace. I have realized that you are NEVER
truly alone, for His love and guidance are constant; you have only to ask for
it.
   We have dealt with homesickness, yapping dogs, perpetually muddy floors and
the total demolition of the backyard by a bunch of hooligan GSD's and learned
to laugh about it.
   Mostly, I have learned that life is an affirmation of all that is good in
us...that old friends are a gift to be cherished and nurtured for they will
stand with you when the days get shorter and the lights flicker..that there is
a tie that binds us all, one to another; animal and human alike....And that at
the end of our days, we will be remembered not by what car we drove or how many
Champions we finished, or where we lived; but rather HOW we lived while we were
here...Was someones day better because you were there? Did you ease a friends
burden or hold out your hand in comfort to a stranger?
Remember, Angels can come in the oddest of disguises!
I will leave you with the words of John Denver:
   "And the Spirit fills the darkness of the Heavens,
  It fills the endless yearning of the Soul....
 It lives within a star to far to dream of...
It lives within each half and is the whole....
Its the fire and the wings that fly us home....."
Wishing you all a blessed and Peaceful Christmas and all your dreams come true
in the New Year!
Dawn, Kizzy, Krunch, Arwen, Graciella (bein bad!) and Vincent

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas
http://mail.yahoo.com