[ SHOWGSD-L ] As the Year draws to a close....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:53:26 -0800 (PST)

 As this year begins to wind down and the last of the presents are wrapped
under the tree, I stop to remember all that came with the months past.

 The last year has seen new life and new friends; tearful goodbyes to some who
will wait on the other side; successes and challenges. It has taught me that
you never need to look further than your own back yard for the end of the
rainbow...even on the cloudiest of days, it is still there waiting to be
discovered. I have learned humility in the face of  people who are dealing with
the ultimate adversity, and watched in awe at their grace. I have realized that
you are never really alone...for His love and guidance are there; you have only
to ask for it. We have dealt with homesickness, squealing puppies, muddy floors
and the total demolition of the back yard by a bunch of hooligan GSD's and
learned to laugh about it.
 Mostly I have learned that life is an affirmation of all that is good in
us....That old friends are a gift to be cherished and nurtured for they will
stand with you when the days get shorter and the lights flicker....that there
is a tie that binds us all, one to the other.....animal and human alike.....and
at the end of our days, we will be remembered not by what car we drove, or
where we lived, but HOW we lived while we were here....was someones day better
because you were there? Did you ease a friends burden or hold our your hand in
comfort to a stranger?
  Remember that Angels can come in the oddest of disguises!
     I leave you with the words of John Denver:
       "And the Spirit fills the darkness of the Heavens,
      It fills the endless yearning of the soul...
  It lives within a star too far to dream of...
  It lives within each half and is the whole...
  Its the fire and the wings that fly us home...."
  Wishing you all a Blessed and Peaceful Christmas and  all your dreams come
                                   true in the New Year...
  Donna, John, Krunch, Kizzy, Arwen, Graciella (bein bad!) and Vincent
                      Laxfield....the next generation

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: