[ SHOWGSD-L ] As best I understand it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:08:19 -0400 (EDT)

I do not breed nor own a white shepherd. But, I did judge their national,
had a white for my first German shepherd, and think I know what the thinking
is.

One group wants the whites to be a separate breed. They have done it in
England, in Europe and there is talk in Canada.

The other group wants to keep whites as German shepherds for the  breed.

At one time there was talk of white being a separation in the breed such as
 smooth coated collies.  I haven't heard that for a while.

I won't begin to explain the reasons the two groups do not agree. But, I
will say that the white breeders are conscientious, honest, and hard working.
 They take seriously the health of the breed, the quality of the animals
and  agree to be discriminated against by many in the Black and Tan world, and
in  spite of that, join the GSDCA and complete in events where allowed.
These breeders and exhibitors are dedicated individuals and should re
recognized as such.

If the AKC allows the change, and if our board feels we should consider it,
 then I say, vote your opinion. It will not end the breed as we know it,
nor will  it destroy dog shows or our club.  All the vote will do is show the
opinion  of the majority of those who vote.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 7/31/13 9:05:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Why, you  want to remain a serious fault or a disqualifying fault?

What is the  thinking behind it. I truly would like to know.
Sent from my iPad