[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Artificial Enhancement in Dogs

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:14:07 EDT

 The very serious result of this is in the area in which *I* am passionate.
We do have a nation of groups who are trying to legislate the banning of
docking, ear trims, dewclaws and cat's toenails. (Strange, that they are
encouraging the surgery on the reproductive organs, no?)  They WILL start
going after all this artificial enhancement, proclaiming cruelty and abuse.
I won't even bring up artificial enhancement on the legislation lists as
there are always lurkers and "moles" who report back and use the most
innocent subjects.

The first time that you (generalized you) have a dog show in a rabid AR
community with supportive (possibly AR themselves, like Ed Boks) Animal
control, and you have the animal control come walking in the set-ups handing
out citations and seizing dogs, there will be a screech that can be heard
through out dogdom.  And yes, that's probably "out there", but then so is
lots of what is happening from those groups today.

Stormy Hope
In a message dated 10/7/08 9:28:45 AM, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Maybe it's too many years in this sport, but I am sitting here laughing at
all the people that have never noticed orange Chows or Goldens who match
their owners hair color from week to week or Skips that are forever black
with no orange tips to the hair EVER (that's what happens when black hair
gets old).

Enhancement isn't a GSD thing only and personally, I think that probably GSD
handlers do it to keep up with the Jones' so to speak because, like
Dalmatians and like Flat-Coats, they are a natural breed. People feel the
need to win is so strong that they HAVE to fix, hide or do whatever to have
awinner, no matter how deceiving it is and how much it can affect the breed.

http://www.FairhopeGSD.com
Dogs love is different. It requires no return.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining,
Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out