[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Articles from Dr. Carmen Battaglia

  • From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rockenstein, Zoa L." <zlrockenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:21:18 -0800

I have received messages from folks with other breeds also..........
...they "assume " the GSDCA approves of Mr. Hunte's corporation.

Interesting that the Battaglia articles have come up in discussion.........
guess what "organization" just go "labeled"!!!!!

---Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
---bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
---VISIT OUR WEBSITE:http://home.earthlink.net/~bedkar

<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 1/30/2007 8:12:08 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Articles from Dr. Carmen Battaglia
>
> I think the reason the voting took place in secret is probably because
> they don't want to discuss their reasons..and that's their right...just
> as it is their right to vote to allow the man into the
> club........EXCEPT that by allowing Andrew Hunte into the GSDCA, the
> club becomes a laughing stock to the rest of the dog world...and I would
> have thought the Board was interested in protecting the club from that
> kind of thing.
>     Anyway, word travels fast...I've had a bunch of emails from people
> in other breeds asking me what is wrong with the GSDCA to let Hunte in?
> And guess what... I have no answer.
>     A Corgi person said that the membership application to the PWCCA has
> a clause that prohibits a lawsuit from anyone who is turned down....not
> that I believe the man would have sued the club in the first
> place....and who started THAT rumour, anyway?
>        From where I sit, there is only one (well, maybe two) reasons to
> let that man into a breed club...and that is, someone is hoping he'll
> make some big donations.
> Wouldn't you love to be the first one to win the Andrew Hunte Perpetual
> Trophy for Whatever?  I'm afraid I'd refuse it......... but let's see.
>     The only other reason I can even imagine is that someone with a lot
> of clout pushed at the Board Members to vote Yes.........you can all try
> to think who that might have been....I can't imagine anyone with that
> much influence over those people who voted Yes.
>           So, the GSDCA is a laughing stock...........isn't that
> wonderful?  Just wait until it is WIDELY known!  We'll be able to
> actually HEAR the laughter, I bet!
>     As for Carmen's articles about responsible breeders, who cares?  We
> just let a man who lives off puppymills into the club!  And Carmen voted
> to let him in!
>   Peggy
>

> Rockenstein, Zoa L. wrote:
>
> >Thanks for posting these articles, Ginger.  I hope everyone will read
them carefully.  I did, and I will never look at the phrase "responsible
breeder" in quite the same way