[ SHOWGSD-L ] Article ... SPAY and NEUTER is LAW in Los Angeles

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:04:56 EST

Please check out CaRPOC.org.   We have the   FAQ page up, the ordinance, and
the address to send your donations toward the possible lawsuit.
Stormy

>  http://www.bumperfo
> und.org/dog-adoptions-2/spay-and-neuter-is-law-in-los-angeles
>
>  February 26th, 2008 in Dog Adoption and Dog Rescue News, Dog Adoptions
>

>  Bumper
>

>  The Bumper Foundation firmly belives the cityâ??s new law requiring all cats
> and dogs be spayed or neutered will help control LAâ??s pet population and
> humanely decrease the number of cats and dogs abandoned and euthanized every
> year.
>
>  MAYOR VILLARAIGOSA SIGNS SPAY/NEUTER ORDINANCE INTO LAW
>
>  LOS ANGELES - Pledging to continue the efforts to reduce pet euthanasia and
> control the Cityâ??s pet population, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, joined by
> Los
> Angeles City Councilmembers Richard Alarcón and Tony Cardenas, Los Angeles
> Department of Animal Services General Manager Ed Boks, Animal Rights Ad
> vocate
> Bob Barker, Humane Society of the United States President Wayne Pacelle,
> PETCO Foundation President Paul Jolly and local animal advocates, today
> signed
> the Spay/Neuter Ordinance, a new law that requires all pet owners in the City
> of Los Angeles to have their cats and dogs spayed or neutered.
>
>  â??By requiring that all cats and dogs be spayed or neutered, we can help to
> humanely decrease the number of pets abandoned and euthanized each year,â??
> said Mayor Villaraigosa. â??This ordinance, which contains clear guidelines
> and
> enforceable penalties, creates a valuable tool to take this city another step
> closer toward eliminating the unnecessary euthanasia of animals.â??The
> Spay/Neuter Ordinance will require all pet owners in the City of Los Angeles
> to have
> their cats and dogs (four months of age and older) spayed or neutered, unless
> otherwise exempted because the animal competes, serves as a rescue or service
> animal, or unless the pet is a registered breeder.
>
>  Any person violating the spay/neuter law will be cited, and could be
> subject to up to a $500 dollar fine or 40 hours of community service.â??This
> spay and
> neuter will move Los Angeles towards being the most humane city in America
> by educating pet owners to be more responsible, making our streets safer,
> reducing the number of animals killed each year in our shelters and allowing
> us
> to more effectively use our resources,â?? said Councilmember Alarcón.
>

>  â??The problem in our city is not the animals but the human owners, â??
>

>  â??The problem in our city is not the animals but the human owners, and this
> ordinance will allow the Department of Animal services to target resources
> towards the worst offenders whose irresponsibility threaten public safety and
> fills our shelters with unwanted dogs and cats.â??This new law, which aims to
> [...]

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."

 Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)